Saturday, February 21, 2009

Welcome to the Nuthouse...

And by nuthouse, I mean my brain at this point in time:) We have worked on making babies several times off and on over the last few years resulting in a lot of excitment and sadness until this point. Two pregnancies have resulted in miscarriage which changed the person that I am today. However, today is a new beginning and I'm super excited for a new and improved journey!

So the beginning. I tested positive on a cheap internet pregnancy test as early as a person probably could. The line was dark and that made me really excited. So I called the doctor and begged for early bloodwork b/c I had had a small issue which of course scared the beegezzus out of me due to my history. So two days later I got my results and they were great. My hcg level was 249 (they want it between at least 50-100 at this point) and my progesterone was 58.7! With my m/c I never had a progesterone level above 15 so that was terrific news! I then went 48 hours later to ensure it was a viable pregnancy and had bloodwork again. To my surprise and joy the number had almost tripled (they look for a double of hcg in 48 hours) to 733hcg and 67.5 progesterone!!! The nurse said those were GREAT numbers and in no way indicative of m/c (miscarriage for future blogs). She pretty much told me that I might want to join a support group for women who have had previous m/c's because I was such a basket case on the phone!

Symptoms: You know that feeling when you drink too much on Saturday night and wake up feeling terrible on Sunday? Well, I don't feel like that. But you know how you sleep all day Sun, throw up alot and then finally begin to start feeling ok Sun. night but your stomach is still very edgy....yeah thats how I feel. Always on the verge of puking but not actually going through the motions. But the weird thing is, I absolutly LOVE IT!!! It lets me know that I'm still pregnant and that I'm not having a m/c! So thats that for now. My next HCG level is Thursday the 26th! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment