Monday, June 22, 2009

The Bain of my Existance


Yes you are looking at the correct picture, these mattress are beginning to cause me constant misery. You see I had been told to buy the cheapest mattress out there because it really didn't matter, which I agree. But then I came across this article that talks about the reduced risks of SIDS when you have an extra firm foam mattress or a coil mattress that has at least 150 coils. Well it turns out the third cheapest mattress at Babies R Us had 150 coils, yippee, right? No. The third cheapest crib mattress costs a whopping $84.99! Times three plus tax that is almost $300! Not to mention I now feel a mix of guilt that I bought the bare minimum of SIDS approved coils while also feeling like an idiot for spending more on crib mattresses than we spent on the queen mattress in the spare bedroom. Who knew having three babies at once would be so complex...oh yeah...everyone.

5 comments:

  1. How about putting 3 babies in one crib?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The triplet moms threads I have read through advises against it due to waking each other up with movement. Plus its not long until it becomes a safty issue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't feel guilty!!! The chances of anything like that happening are so slim, and I doubt if they did a study showing all the babies on cheap mattresses the rates would not be much different than babies who slept on the posturepedic 4000! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Amy! I'm sure everything will be fine but I still hate that "cheap" cost us almost $300:)

    ReplyDelete