Thursday, September 10, 2009

Back Together Again!

Oh there is just so much exciting news on the Milligan trio front today!! So as you know the girls were moved into their own bassinets yesterday as we were waiting on the triplet crib. Well...the crib came available today and ALL THREE babies were moved into it! It is so cute and so neat to watch them look at each other. I will say its hard sometime to distinguish who's alarm is beeping and who is crying but overall its super cool and we love getting to look at them all at once and compare their facial features.

Also...I was awoken by a phone call by the nurse this morning that they were in need of more milk as they were going to be bottle feeding both Ella and Claire today for the first time (in the past they have had feeding tubes). So my sweet dad quickly drove me to the hospital with two coolers of milk (my supply is dwindling fast) and we were able to watch and learn from the speech therapist how to teach Ella and Claire how to suck, swallow and breathe all at the same time. This is not an ingrained feature that preemies come with so its definitely a process. Ella did terrific, finishing so much of her bottle that they didn't have to even give her extra through her tube! She did choke a little at the end which was scary, but overall a great job! Claire too did well although had a little bit of a harder time than her sister. She seemed to want to breath a lot more than suck and seemed not to care too much about this new pacifier that shot milk. However she did eat about 1/2 of her bottle. Tomorrow I will be on my own to feed the girls one bottle and once they get that down, we will move to two a day, three a day etc, etc. Also, tomorrow at 2pm, Slade will attempt his first bottle as well. Hopefully he will prove that when it comes to eating, he is no wimpy white boy! Then next week, we will attempt the breastfeeding process..stay tuned to learn how a person does this with three babies (I'll be curious to find out as well:))

Welcome to our crib...
Ella enjoys the freedom...
Claire stretches out (check out the hand)...
Brian see's Slade's face for the first time...
Claire and I learn how to bottlefeed...

4 comments:

  1. yay!! you and me, and me and you.. and you too ALL TOGETHER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS IS FANTASTIC NEWS!!! What a way to start off the weekend! I love it! They are all such ROCKSTARS!!! I look forward to more absolutely precious pictures of them! They are just beautiful Linds and Brian - perfect little angels! You guys did good :):)
    Love yall!
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thin I noticed some red sideburns on Slade's face yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome that all three of them are able to be together once again. I love it!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete