Monday, September 28, 2009

Formula

While its a terrific thing that our babies are growing and eating more, its also a sad day for me as today is the first day they will be mixing my milk half and half with formula. I've done all I can to increase my supply from eating oatmeal every morning, to taking a prescription to increase supply, to NEVER missing a single pumping session in 10 weeks. However, while I have increased a bit, its not enough to keep up any longer. The drs applaud my longevity but its still hard to accept that I can no longer be the sole provider. With this being said, I will keep up my efforts to at least help supplement their feedings and provide them with any antibodies that I can.

On another note, my milk has done its job as all babies grew a TON this week. Ella is now 5lbs 12oz, Slade 5lbs 7oz and Claire 5lbs 4oz! They grew 13, 12, & 8oz's respectively. Ella is now up to 3 bottles per day and the other two are still working to finish #1. I have a feeling Ella will be home a few days before her siblings:)

Below are 2 recent pictures of Slade & Claire courtesy of my sister in law Holly:

7 comments:

  1. they look fantastic and you've done a WONDERFUL job with your pumping. big pat on the back for your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Miranda!!! I needed that pat:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WGA ~ those are some GREAT weights, are they already talking about sending the LO's home? You did a GREAT job, pumping is hard and babies suck harder than the darn pump, so be proud of your self......
    Wish you a soon homecoming!
    Dre

    ReplyDelete
  4. WGA- You did a great job with pumping. Keep up the good work. I know that it is hard with them getting formula but they still need you. :). Your babies weights are awesome!!!! I cannot believe that they are all over 5 pounds all ready. Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go, Mamma! :) You've done an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah shucks, thanks ladies! I have to admit now that they are on formula anyways, it sure would be nice to skip this 3:30am pumping...hmmm maybe this formula thing isn't such a bad idea anyways???:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I spent the day with Lindsay the other day and can confirm that it takes some real dedication to keep up with that pumping. Yey for dedication daughter (DD. I am soo proud of you Lindsay!

    ReplyDelete