Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Identical Twins?

Today the nurse helped me get Slade out of the incubator and as she placed him in my arms, I looked down only to question for a moment if two of my babies had been switched. That cpap was a very good face mask as I had no idea until today that Slade and Claire just might be identical...twins? No, I'm kidding of course, there is no such thing as identical boy/girl twins but its amazing how much alike they look. I know over the next few weeks they will change but for now I'd be hard pressed to tell them apart in pictures. So suffice to say, he was adorable and it was sooooo great to finally see all of him. He smiled like Claire and stuck his tongue out a lot like Ella. Its so much more funny and less scary holding them now that you can watch their expressions and "monitor" their comfort level. Now Slade, did drop his heart rate and I had to jostle him a bit, but overall it was a good hold. He had a few issues in the morning but hopefully when Brian calls this evening he will still be on the cannula and holding strong! (update, he is doing well and still on the cannula, yeah!)

The girls are doing great in their cribs, but I'll post more about that tomorrow and include their pictures.

As for me, Brian had school tonight so I got to go out for the first time and enjoyed a long dinner with my bookless bookclub ladies. It was so nice to feel "human" again and to gossip and chat. There was a car accident (everyones ok), a mariachi singer who was cooler than a Popsicle, and a leopard print bikini so it was an entertaining night for sure. The only real pitfall (other than Kacey's poor car) was I dumped a HUGE glass of soda down my chest and into my lap leaving me pretty sticky for the rest of the night, oops. Thanks ladies for a keeping my mind off of things for an evening, I had a great time!

Introducing Slade Oscar Milligan...

3 comments:

  1. If you look at the August 30th photo of Claire you can see the resemblance. However, other pictures of Claire look totally different. Maybe it's the hat! Time will tell . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool to see Slade.

    Question: When you spill a glass into your food or dump it on your lap do you still look suprised? Or do you just carry on like nothing happened since you are so used to it? :)

    ReplyDelete