Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Ella Rocks On..

Ella has done terrific on her cannula and it was great holding her today for the first time with a nose! I took a nice picture but unfortunately now can't find my camera. Hopefully, I'll find it and post it tomorrow! Slade & Claire continue to do terrific as well!

Huge props to all the ladies in the survey who breastfed for over 6 months, you are my hero! I am hopeful to do it that long as well but right now can't imagine pumping every two hours until April of next year which will be 6 months adjusted age (a total of 10 months pumping). Yawnnnnnnnn.....

3 comments:

  1. Won't you get to stop pumping when the babies come home and take turns nursing them and supplementing with Formula? I am sure that once you actually get to feed the babies directly and not a machine that the process won't seem as annoying. We are so pleased your little miracle babies are doing so well! Can't wait to see a picture of Ella.
    -Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Typically no. The babies will learn bottlefeeding in the hospital and from what I heard its rare for them to take to breastfeeding. Plus, you can't monitor their milk that way and one will end up with more milk than the other. The triplet moms all tell me to pump and then divide the milk into each bottle and top off with formula. That way each feed is equal and contains breast milk so they each get consistently the same "combination." Who knows though?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and its not really annoying its just really exhausting as I'm sure breastfeeding ever few hours would be as well. I'll live:) Can't wait to see your little ones pictures as well, hope you have him/her soon!!

    ReplyDelete