Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Three Thumbs Up!

Thumb 1: The girls have gotten big enough and are maintaining their temperatures well enough that they have been taken out of their incubators and are now in cribs! The large crib was in use so they are in their own separate cribs but as soon as it comes available, the girls will begin living together. And then at some point Slade will join them and we will have all babies in one crib. They did this after we left today so I will post pictures tomorrow. Go ladies go!

Thumb 2: Slade has been doing so well breathing that tomorrow he will be put on the cannula and we will finally see his face! We are so excited to get to know him by his expressions and fully see who/what he looks like. Yipppeee!!

Thumb 3: The girls had another eye exam today and both have gotten much better. Ella now shows no signs of ROP at all and is classified as a 0 like Slade, hooray! Claire still has signs but instead of a level 2, she is now a level 1 in both eyes and it looks like it is fixing itself. We are now out of the woods for blindness and the worst case scenario is she may have to wear glasses in the future (which they are all probably doomed for with my genes anyway). Yeahhhhh!!!

8 comments:

  1. yeah for beautiful healthy babies :):):) I am soo glad to hear they are still rock stars :) Thinking about you guys all the time and I CAN NOT wait to finally meet them. I love the pics of Ella and Claire - they are just perfect! So we know Slade will be just as cute! Made my night!!!!
    Love yall tons!
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Angie! I'm excited to bring them home for you guys to meet as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah - I'm so excited for you!! So glad to hear they kiddos are doing so well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That will be so cool to have them in one crib. You should do a video spoof called "Cribs".

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog and reading your posts has brought back so many memories! My girls were born at 28 weeks and were in the NICU for ten weeks. I know that this time is hard and it seems like you will never get to bring your babies home but it is so worth it and time will FLY by once you get them home. Saying a prayer for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats freaking awesome!, They are all doing soooo great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone, we are so excited too! Kara, I'm glad you're girls are doing well, thanks for the encouragment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so cool!!! I am so happy that the babies are doing great!!

    ReplyDelete