Thursday, July 23, 2009

Day 5 - New Bows & Bloodtypes

Today again I would say is a A type of day. The babies are doing terrific and have all had their amount of food given per serving from 1/2cc to an entire 1cc. While this is not a ton of added nutrition, it helps their digestive system to develop (the remainder of calories is given via IV). So far they are handling the increased food well so hopefully we'll be able to increase that dosage every few days. The only new item was the Dr. thought she might of heard a slight murmur when listening to Slade's heart. She said that that was extremely common in preemies and in most all cases they resolve themselves on their own. They will keep an eye on it but for now she said it was a "non-issue" (but they are required to tell us everything). Otherwise, they are going strong and while there wasn't much news today to report, we now have realized that is exactly what we are looking for, no news is good news!

As for me, I'm another story. I did really well overnight and the labs that came back, came back normal. I lost around 4 units of blood during the surgery and they think that it may take a few months to regenerate it and that can lead to me being so exhausted and dizzy. However, they didn't know what was causing the fever so I am still here in the hospital. Around 4pm today I woke up with the chills again to discover I had a 102 fever after having nothing all day, so annoying! So they are still awaiting some more blood cultures and have started me on IV antibiotics. The worst part of all of this is I can't see the babies and its now been almost 2 full days, sad! In addition, they have had to move the babies to milk donated from the Mothers Milk Bank since my milk is "tarnished." So hopefully, these antibiotics will work and I can go see them sometime this weekend and start being able to provide for them again.

Oh on another note, we found out that ALL the babies have Brian's blood type, O+!!! I know it doesn't matter, but I sure was hoping for one A+ baby:)

One of the respiratory technicians in the NICU had some extra time on her hands and made Ella & Clair hair bows.... sooo cute!

6 comments:

  1. tears...shit when I get to the hospital and see you and the babes and everyone I might lose it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear the babies are doing well! Hope they can get you back on your feet again soon. My Claire had that heart murmur too; she needed some meds to make it go away, and it hasn't been a problem since.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again, an A day is what we want to see. 25 week triplets doing so fantastically well - who could ask for more? I know the journey is still quite long ahead of you but these three are miracles in every sense of the word. Praying for you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just heard the news of your little ones and I am so happy they are all doing so well. I hope you get to feeling better soon so you can see those beautiful babies! I'll be praying for you and the little ones.

    Tara Sivulka

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grandma Karla gave us your exciting news on Tues. July 21 and now we're reading all about Ella, Claire and Slade! Our thoughts are with you. We hope you have continued positive progress. May you be showered with blesings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so happy you made it thru those critical 72 hours! that's such good news! We are thinking of you and hope you kick this infection ASAP!

    ReplyDelete