Saturday, July 25, 2009

Diaper Change!

Well, I'm not even going to give today a rating because we had mixed feelings all day. However, I can say that right now I'm just on cloud 9. Today I have had 6 bags of IV antibiotics and will have two more in the middle of the night as well. I haven't had a fever since around 7pm yesterday so it looks like its working, yippeee! Chest xray was clean so as long as I don't have a fever by 9am tomorrow, I get to go home. The best part of all of this was I got to go see the babies this evening and it was great!!

Before I get into my visit, my afternoon update, while not bad was not spectacular either. All three babies were having a hard time tolerating their food and so the Dr. stopped their feedings until tomorrow. They have IV calories so its ok, but we always hope for things to get better and better and its hard when you have a little setback. Second, Slade & Ella had alot more breathing issues today than typical. In fact Slade had more "apnea's" this morning that he had in the previous 24 hours. So they increased the amount of oxygen pushes (still not on ventilator though) and gave them some caffeine. Since this, Slade has had one small episode and Ella zero, so we are soooo pleased it is working. Claire's breathing as usual is doing fine and we are so grateful! The only other kind of negative today was that there was a new neonataligist and he leans to Ella's brain bleeds being on the higher side than the previous doctors. However, the majority still says its lower grade so we are leaning with them for now. All three babies will be rescanned next week to see how they are doing. So as today seemed liked a small step backwards, the past few days they've been taking several steps forwards. Hopefully tomorrow will be a step in the right direction.

As we were visiting with Slade this evening, we actually heard Claire crying from about 15 feet away in an enclosure (the nurses were right she is quite noisy). So we ran over there and got this video of her diaper being changed (you may want to play it and do something else and then replay once fully loaded so it doesn't end up jerky). Please excuse the terrible music as its the only song my computer was letting me attach. Also below is a picture of Slade since I haven't posted one in awhile. All the babies are so long and skinny and we just can't wait for them to get some meat on their bones!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear there were set backs today but as you said, they've been doing so well that it can't be all bad. I love the video and shared it with my husband and Ethan.

    ReplyDelete