Saturday, July 4, 2009

I hate Chairs...

So Thursday I didn't post anything because Brian and I were at a breastfeeding for multiples class. You see I signed up for this class when I wasn't very pregnant and had high hopes for breastfeeding 3 babies. These hopes soon ceased to be after doing a lot of research and speaking to other triplet moms. However, we decided we should still go to the class to learn about pumps and also see if there was a way to incorporate at least a little breastfeeding or at least how to do pumping.

Well first mistake was signing up for a 3 hour class. It was the longest class in the world and by the end of it I could hardly walk after sitting in the hardest chair for that long. Second, the class was extremely awkward. The teacher kept comparing the different ladies in the classes ta ta's sizes and then also used her own ta ta's for demonstration. Brian had an extremely difficult time knowing how to pay attention but also not stare at a 60 year old south African women's breasts at the same time. The teacher was extremly nice however just followed the outline exactly and we really felt we could of learned the same amount of information from reading the outline and other pamplets ourself.


Awkward. Finally, one part of the pumping section drove me insane and it was hard for me to move on after its discussion. You see the teacher was just thrilled about a new "preemie" program one of the pumps had that suctioned more like a preemie baby would rather than a full term baby. She said we just HAD to have it. So I ask the obvious question, "who cares whether the pump suctions like a preemie baby would versus a full term baby, the baby doesn't know how its milk was pumped right?" Her answer, "well you want the pump to have a preemie program because you'll definitely have a preemie baby." Seriously? That is not an answer. Can anyone answer this question for me?


Anyways, I did get out of the class which pump I want to use which was good. I also learned that my two outings a week will now be completely limited to either a short dinner out or visits to friends houses where I can just lay on their couch. I hate chairs.

3 comments:

  1. haha that's great. Adam gets to go next week - he is SO excited :-) I hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, well I hope you signed up for a much shorter class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's weird that in society the term "breast pump" is perfectly okay, but if you start talking about "penis pumps" everybody gets all judgemental and stuff.

    Could you imagine a 3-hour penis pump class? Something to think about folks.

    ReplyDelete