Monday, July 6, 2009

Pool Bliss??

So last week my OB gave me the a-ok to go to the pool and sit for an hour (no actual swimming though was aloud). It has been said to be even better for your body than laying flat when you are extremely pregnant. So my mom picked me up and drove me the 2 blocks to the community pool at around 10:30am today. When I first got in the water I was a little concerned because I became a little nauseous as the water had waves due to the splash bucket things. My belly felt like it was moving up and down and up and down. That quickly faded and I began to enjoy the lightness and pain free sitting and walking that came with being in a gravity free environment. I'm already looking forward to next weeks hour! However, my one complaint was how cold it was. I keep hearing, "wahhh its sooo hot outside, " from everyone I know. I really can't relate because I sit here on this air conditioned couch all day. Well that was not my experience this morning. It was overcast and within the hour both my mom and I were shivering and had to get out of the pool. Was it just an unusually cold and overcast morning or is everyone trying to make me feel better by pretending that its ridiculously hot outside?? Either way, I really enjoyed myself and am excited about this new privilege!

5 comments:

  1. What fun! (and yes, it really it HOT outside!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great! You'll have to save a pool day for a weekend and I'll come join!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will do! Although I'm boring b/c I just have to sit there in the shaded part of the water. At least you could get some sun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it went up to 104 degrees later on that day. It was chilly in the water that morning though. I did some aquacises to keep warm.

    ReplyDelete