Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Trio has Arrived!

Hello friends! Well we are surprised as can be that our little ones were born so soon. I had my cervix checked Friday at 4:30 and it was still in the 4's and perfect. Well Saturday night at about 6:30pm I had a few back spasms. Then they started to get more regular and hurt so we decided to go to l&d to get some pain medicine. I was having zero tightening in the front areas at all. At the hospital the monitor showed I was not having any contractions but the pain was getting worse and worse. She said she'd give me some meds and prob. let me go home but first would do a cervix check... She felt a head! They started me on steroids and magnesium (to stop the contractions that the monitor said I wasn't having) right away and after two hours and a double dose of mag I had ZERO response. I also had zero response to the morphine..fun. She checked my cervix and I was dilated to a 4, so they decided my only option was an emergency C Section. I was given steroids immediately to help develop the babies lungs (a miracle drug).

The C-section went well and our little girls and boy were brought into this world. The Dr's. were very amazed at their weights (1lb15oz, 1lb11oz & 1lb7oz) and said it was very good for 25 weekers. In addition, they have not needed any ventilation and have been breathing oxygen on their own via cpap which is amazing (so said the doctor). As of this evening they were doing so well, the NICU is giving them a small amount of my colostrum to help even more. The next 72 hours is very important in regards to brain bleeds but at this point they have said the prognosis is very good due to the advanced sizes and lung capability of the babies. They figure that they may still need to be ventilated at some point but aren't too concerned. We are of course nervous but optimistic and trying our bests to believe all of the Dr's and nurses positive outlook. We have named them Ella (1lb15oz - 13 inches) Claire (1lb11oz - 13 inches) & Slade (1lb7oz - 12 inches).

Please keep our little babies in your thoughts that they make it through this crucial time and continue to amaze all the doctors.

These pics are immediately after delivery and are in order by Ella, Slade & Claire. More pics to come now that the babies have been all cleaned up!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness Lindsey, I am amazed that they are here so soon but so happy to read that so far all three are thriving and doing well. They are beautiful miracles and I know they'll do just fine. Keep me posted.

    ReplyDelete