Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Grandpa Meets Babies

So today I had the honor of having my dad take me to my OB appt. I never ever thought I'd be going to the gyno with my dad before but it was a great experience. He was a great sport although I believe he was slightly surprised at the lack of male reading material in the waiting room. We thankfully didn't have to wait very long and were quickly whisked into the u/s room. Not sure what he thought of all the gunk the ob put on my belly but he was definitely amazed with the machine that did the actual u/s. All three babies put on a show for him, moving around like crazy. One baby who was laying on its back even turned its head to look at us and did what we could of sworn was a wave. Dad waved back:) We also got to see two of the babies kicking each other feet to feet so that was neat. Dad had quite a few questions and the OB seemed to really enjoy talking with him and even commented that she really enjoys explaining the intricate details to people who seem to care. She even discussed good career opportunities for my little sister with him. However, she did not know how much the u/s machine cost:) Overall, it was a great experience for both of us and I'm glad he got to meet them!

4 comments:

  1. "I never thought I'd be going to the gyno with my Dad" might be the best sentence I've read in a very long time. Thank you for making my day :-) What a fun experience for your Dad to get to see the little babies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Dad... I wish the babies would've waved at me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're working the cute little grandchild bit already, huh? I'm taking away his credit cards when they're born!

    ReplyDelete