Saturday, October 10, 2009

Doing Good...

The babes are doing good and just trucking along... Really there have been no changes this week although Slade has been eating way better and is starting to catch up to Ella in his skill level. It will be so funny if our "wimpy white boy" ends up being the first one to come home! Claire is really variable as she will do great one feeding and then not so great the next.

A few things I want to remember about the babies at this stage:

Ella is a chubby little thing and the strongest baby we have ever seen. Today I watched as she lay on her stomach and rotated her head from one side to the other. It was a little poltergeisty but I was amazed how strong her neck muscles already are. She loves to stick her tongue out and when she is done eating, it is her way of refusing the bottle. Even though she has dark hair, she is like Brian and has bleach white eyebrows. My two little calico's!

Slade has the softest fluffy hair and its hard to resist rubbing it when he is eating. Once he falls asleep, he whines as if he is a puppy that is dreaming of chasing a cat. We laugh that he is probably the noisiest sleeping baby ever and hope that his future wife is a deep sleeper! Oh and when he gets mad, you've never seen a baby turn a deeper shade of red, it looks like he just might explode:)

Claire, is the most chill baby that has ever lived. She infrequently sleeps and we figure that's why she is the smallest. However, while she is awake she rarely cries but just looks around as if she is contemplating the world. She has a million expression from squishy forehead lines to the sweetest smiles you've ever seen!

Today is my birthday and I've already gotten three times the gifts that I ever wanted. I've never felt so satisfied on a birthday as I do today and I can't wait to my next birthday when I get to celebrate with our tiny little babies!

4 comments:

  1. I love the video. Your babies are so precious. Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Lindsay! This weekend (Oct. 10-13)we are celebrating Thanksgiving (you know us Canadians) and we are so thankful your sweethearts are doing well. Take good care of yourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all and Happy Thanksgiving Marylie!

    ReplyDelete