Monday, October 26, 2009

Still Waiting...

A nurse made a joke the other day asking if they trio was walking yet and I think that's what our once tiny babies are waiting for, they want to be able to walk out those NICU doors:) Nah, but Ella is now 8lbs and it really is time they came home. And they are steadily improving at their eating, just not there yet. They still have the thrush so the doctors are now going to treat it with an internal medicine rather than just the topical ointment. Supposedly thrush is painful so hopefully when it clears up the babies will take all their bottles. Yesterday the babies also got all of their vaccinations and did really well with them. I'm amazed at the difference of opinion on vaccinating babies out there but I decided to side with the neonataligists and get them done (if I trust them to do my babies heart surgery, I better trust them with a shot, right?) Ella's brain bleed has resolved which is terrific, however whatever damage it did is done and we will just have to wait and see if there are any lasting effects. Luckily there are some great early intervention programs out there if there are any motor skill delays. All the babies eyes are looking great and only Claire is at any increased risk of future vision issues like glasses(although due to poor eye genes, I think they are all at risk for glasses).

Brian and I are doing well and trying to be as patient as possible. Our cats have found a perfect new home (Thanks Melissa!) and we are beginning to get some of the stuff set up that we had to wait on due to the cats (i.e. bouncy chairs, swings, etc). I've decreased my pumping to 8x per day so I can get a little sleep before the babies come home and so my emotional stability increases as I wait for them. So all in all we are good, just ready.

Ella - 8lbs (18.9 inches)





















Slade - 7lbs 11oz (18.3 inches)




















Claire - 6lbs 14oz (18.9 inches)

2 comments:

  1. I love the expression on Ella's face. Too cute. I can't believe how well they are growing. Hopefully they will get to come home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet the thrush is totally the issue! I wouldn't want to eat either if it was painful! Hope the medicine helps so they can eat up and be home soon!

    ReplyDelete