Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Meow

So this is a sad post for me to write, but its time I find a new home for our two sweet cats. They are two of my favorite things in this world but unfortunately will not "fit" with the new additions coming to our house very soon. When I got these cats, I thought I would have them forever. I never imagined I'd have premature triplets and that it would be an issue. However it is and we must part. I am looking for homes for them so if you or someone you know is interested please let me know. If no one wants them I'm trying to figure out other options?? Is it more humane to bring them to a "no kill" shelter or to keep them here but make them "outdoor" cats? I'm also not against asking someone to just babysit Gary for 6 months until the babies can handle the hair again since he really is so good with kids??? Here's a little bit about the cats... Oh and I would of course provide shots and all accessories...

Gary: You could not ask for a better cat with children. I have seen my nieces repeatedly carry him under his front arms with his legs nearing the ground with no real issue. He likes to "hang" around people but is not an in your face type of cat. He snuggles when he wants but most of the time prefers to lay on his back in the center of attention. He is the perfect cat and I would only get this breed in the future. Oh he is a registered American Short hair and has papers however he is neutered... The only downside to Gary is that he enjoys licking tape or eating any bits of plastic that get on the ground and this causes him to puke. Now if you are a cleaner person than myself it shouldn't be an issue (except for maybe Christmas unwrapping time, he loves that)


Popcorn: This white fuzzball is the most cuddly animal that has ever existed. He is not intelligent what so ever but will lay on and love you until you make him get off. Seriously, he likes only the people who feed him for the most part, but he really likes us. I've never seen such a cuddly cat, he is limp when you hold him. The downside to Popcorn is that he is not kid friendly. I mean he won't attack them but I really wouldn't recommend he live in a house with kids as I've seen a few too many hisses at little ones...

5 comments:

  1. We have a cat and a great dane and our boys haven't had a problem at all with their hair... just fyi. the boys love to tug on the cat and he doesn't mind at all. but good luck finding homes! post on craig's list too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought Kira was taking Popcorn? I think you should make the only option asking someone to take them for 6 months. You love them too much. Definitely more humane to make them outdoor cats than to take them to the shelter though.

    What are the reasons for getting rid of them? Germs? Worried about them smothering babies (old wives tail)?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kira's landlord said no sadly because she really wants him. We're getting rid of Popcorn because I am too scared of him being in a room with the babies as i'm seen him swat and hiss at kids and I can't deal with that... Gary I'd really just like a temporary home for until we are assured the babies aren't allergic which is a concern with their immature lung development...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could take them...I hate this :( Keep them till January, I'll move home, and force mom and dad to take them, then I'll move out and they keep them by default ??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice, Kira. Too bad we can read. I would have no problem with it if you moved home and cleaned all litter boxes.

    ReplyDelete