Saturday, October 3, 2009

Sick

It was bound to happen. I knew with little sleep and being back at work dealing with people on a daily basis, my chances were increased. I got the flu, diphtheria, tetanus and whopping cough shots but you can't protect yourself from everything. Now I believe that what I have is nothing more than a tiny cold or sinus infection, it definitely has reminded me to use more hand sanitizer! I took the day off today and literally slept ALL day except for 2 conference calls and some oatmeal. I am feeling a bit better but was very sad not to get to see the babies today. I've only missed 2 other days where I had a fever in the very beginning in the hospital. I'm hoping after a benadryl induced evening that I feel better tomorrow and can see the kiddos.

At least Brian and Grandpa (aka Big Daddy) got to go and hold/feed all the babies so they did get some loving. Our little chunky monkey Ella is still leading the pack at a whopping 6.1 pounds today! Slade is close behind at 5.12 and little Claire is 5.6.

5 comments:

  1. I hope you are feeling better soon. Those babies are getting so big!!

    Linda at WAGS told me I just missed you a couple days ago. And of course I got a full update. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get better soon xo

    Love the pic, she is a little chubba bubba, how cute!!!

    Girl99
    BTW - the lemon incident cracked me up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you went back to work already?? Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! Yep I went back to work 3 weeks ago actually. It was that or take unpaid leave. I will be taking leave though once they come home...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got sick and thought it was something small.... turned out it was swine flu. Also the flue shots only have 2 strains of the virus, so it really can't protect you from everything.

    ReplyDelete