Monday, October 5, 2009

Yeah for Babies!

I finally got to see the babies today and they really did look different just in a matter of days. Slade's cheeks have really puffed up and I feel like Ella has more hair than ever. Ella has been put back to only 3 bottles per day rather than 4 as they feel she is having too hard of a time with that 4th bottle. This is frustrating for us as every time we are there she has eaten the entire bottle. I wish I could be there for all four bottle feedings but that just wouldn't work out with the distance to the hospital from where we live.

Both Ella and Slade grew the right amount this week but little Claire only grew 4oz (we aim for 7). I haven't talked to the doctor about this yet so I'm hoping its ok since she has grown over the 7oz the last few weeks in a row.

Pumping: The other night we were at a wedding rehearsal when I had to retreat to a bedroom in the lodge to do my business. The room had a comfy bed and I proceeded to let my hair down and lay back against the pillows as I pumped. I guess I didn't realize how close the rehearsal was to finishing as my husband came in and told me we needed to go as it was over. I still had a few minutes left so I took my time, washed the pieces and packed up. But to our surprise, we walked out of the room and the caretaker had turned off all the lights and closed up the building. As we walked, I finished buttoning up my outer blouse and we quickly proceeded to exit the building to the few remaining patrons. It was only when I saw a couple surprised faces that I realized how inappropriate we probably looked., tousled hair, half buttoned shirt, dark building.. Oops!

2 comments: