Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Don't Cry Over Spilt Milk...

So I figure the phrase, "crying over spilt milk," actually refers to spilling or losing a bottle of milk after pumping for 20 minuets. Today I did just this and it was devastating. They are already up to using about 400ml's per day and I only pump about 1000ml, so to lose 60 is terrible. I also messed up and slept for a whopping 7 hours last night which in breastfeeding/pumping land is a HUGE no no! I felt the pain and was awoken and punished for what I had done. My alarm will now be triple checked to make sure that little PM is actually an AM from this point forward... However, I did fill a whopping 5 bottles (sorry guys)!

On another note, a few people who have read this blog and then see the actual items in it have commented that the pictures online don't do the tininess justice. Therefore, I have put some of the trio's items next to popular items so you can see the size a little better. Now they have just graduated from all the items below, but in the beginning that little pacifier wouldn't even fit in Slade's small mouth.
Slade's Binkie vs. Normal Binkie

Deodorant vs. Micro-Preemie Diaper

Makeup Compact vs. Hat Size

7 comments:

  1. I read the title of your post and started laughing out loud to myself! I did this and my baby was at home, and I lost it. DH was trying not to laugh at me, but he did and that made me even more mad.
    Thinking about you!
    Dre

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, I guess it probably happens to most! I think Brian was more disappointed than me:) Hope you and the twins are doing well (and dh, Avery & Waylon).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cried too when it happened to me (and I only spilled about 10-15 cc's... but that's about all I got!). Sorry :( Sounds like the trio are all getting to be pretty good eaters! Yea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am new to reading your blog but I just had to comment on this! I know how you feel about the spilt milk I did the same thing when I was pumping for my trio and it made me cry like a baby! I am really enjoying getting to see pictures of your trio!

    Sherry Santa
    www.santababies.blogspot.com
    I am an AMOM member and my three were born at St. Davids at 31w 2d. They are now 10 months old!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marylie and Ivan SvendsenAugust 20, 2009 at 10:43 PM

    Seeing the photos of the tiny baby items reminded me of my cousin's preemie daughter Brenda. She is now a successful elementary school teacher with a daughter of her own. However, when this young woman was born, her mom (my cousin)could slip her wedding band over this wee one's hand. We all enjoyed hearing about this again at Brenda's wedding a couple years ago. Would your ring fit over your little sweethearts' hands?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have some additional items I would like comparisons to so I can truely understand the sizes and perspectives: green army man, 9mm Beretta pistol, 750 mL bottle of Evan Williams, roll of toilet paper, and slice of pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea Marylie! Not sure if they'll let us as their skin is still so fragile but I'll at least try and put it beside for a comparision. Dylan, your crazy but I will try and put something next to toliet paper for you soon!

    ReplyDelete