Saturday, August 8, 2009

"One Day at a Time"

For a fourth day in a row, we have had just a wondermous day! Today I got to hold my 2nd tiny little baby for the first time, Miss Claire. Its just so amazing how different her and Ella look and how much smaller Claire's head is right now even though the two babies only measure two ounces different. Once again it was just so great and it made me just that much more eager to have them home, chubby and in our arms. I did however get ahead of myself today I suppose because I asked the nurse when she thought they'd come home or if one of them may come home early. She projected November however reminded me that, "you have to take it one day at a time in here OK? That was a tiny infection the two babies had but they most likely will have more of them and they could be bigger so lets just think about today." I really was just wondering for work purposes but I do understand that they don't want us getting too excited thinking we may have one home in September and then having none come home until December. And then as if that wasn't reminder enough how tiny these tiny babies are, Miss Claire's heart rate plummeted from the 160's to below 100 in my arms as she got a little too comfortable. It was only for a second and as soon as the nurse shook her little foot it went right back up. But it was enough to remind me to be grateful for today and not to worry about tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. My name is Michelle....I am Hughey's wife. I have been keeping up daily since Hugh brought home the website info. Thanks for letting us read all about your beautiful trio!! I pray for all of you each day! Wonderful pictures, we are so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle! Thank you for your prayers and I'm glad you are enjoying the blog!

    ReplyDelete