Sunday, August 9, 2009

Happy 3 Week Birthday Babies!

On one hand time ticks by slowly, on the other, I can't believe its already been three weeks since our surprise triplet birthday. At this three week mark all babies are now over 2lb's, yipppee! We have Slade at 2lbs1oz, Claire 2lbs3oz, and Ella at 2lbs7oz! I'm already excited to see where they will be in another three weeks.

Today my heart had a bit too much as Brian held Claire for the first time and she had a whopping three Brady's in his arms (huge heart rate drops). It seems that she just gets too comfortable and her little heart just takes a break. For me this is absolutely terrifying. To see your baby in your husbands arms as the nurse is lightly shaking her saying, "wake up baby, wake up," is not an easy thing for your heart to handle. I understand that they wouldn't let us hold her if it wasn't safe. I understand that it is proven to be good for them to be held. I understand that she has these Brady's even in her little house. But all that understanding doesn't make my heart race and my mind spin any less. But all in all it was so sweet to see Brian with another tiny baby!

Otherwise, not a whole lot going on. Oh except one little funny thing. If you've been reading you know that our babies and three others have a contagious bacteria on them that can potentially hurt other babies although it is perfectly safe for kids and adults. Anyways, at the NICU their is a lactation room for women to go to to do their business while they are there. Today they announce that us moms of these sweet bacteria babies must use a separate room so we don't spread it to the other moms and thus to the other babies. So now when I go, I have to go pump in our bays storage closet with my head hung in shame:) I hereby am an official bacteria laden, lactation room banned, storage closet pumping mother of three!

3 comments:

  1. I want to see a picture of your room of shame. You should start wearing really ragged clothes and not brushing your hair when you go to that room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still say that is weird since EVERYONE has this bacteria on them. Enjoy not having to walk all the way to the lactation room - the closet is probably bigger than those little cubicles anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you still have your sense of humor through all of this. Post more pics and vids of those adorable little babies!!!

    ReplyDelete