Friday, August 21, 2009

I Heart Weekends!

Here are the top 10 reasons I love weekends... Although I sure do miss sleeping in!

1. Brian's Home!
2. We get to spend more time with our babies and do kangaroo care with all three of them.
3. We stay up late so the 10 pumping sessions can be further apart and still meet the "requirements."
4. Brian washes all the dirty pumping equipment and gets me all set up before each session. Doesn't seem like a lot but it gives me close to a 1/2 hour more free time between pumps, time precious time...
5. We don't have to sit in stand still traffic on the way to or from the NICU.
6. I get to eat brunch with my sister and my folks!
7. Brian gets me breakfast on Sundays so I don't have to eat oatmeal like I do every other morning (they say it helps with milk production so I haven't missed a morning bowl on the weekdays since they were born).
8. Either my favorite nurse Tonya or my second favorite nurse, Ali, are taking care of our babies. No more random weekend people.
9. Did I say, we get to spend more time with our babies??
10. I get to get out of the house for special events, Happy Birthday Coley (aka Big Daddy, aka Grandpa)!

On another note, all babies are doing TERRIFIC! Claire had her iv line removed today so no more antibiotics, yippeee! Slade's cpap rate has been dropped from a 25 to a ZERO like his sisters, hooray! All babies are tolerating their food well (Claire 30cc's, Ella 29cc's, Slade 25cc's) and are on the max amount of milk allowed for their weights. Right now the thing I'm most excited for is the dr said that as long as Claire continues to breath as well as she has been doing, she will probably be taken off the cpap and moved to a nasal cannula within the week. A nasal cannula is that little oxygen tube that they put in your nose at the dentist when they fill a cavity, very noninvasive and we'll finally be able to see some nose! Oh and all babies are very near to being 3lbs, Ella only has 2 ounces to go!!

Ella and I doing kangaroo care...

2 comments:

  1. I wanted to say a quick hello and congratulations. I found your blog after searching the net for cholestatis of pregnancy information. I had this with my twins (born at 34 weeks) and am currently pregnant so I am worried for this baby. Looks like your trio are doing great - I love your blog and wish you all the best. Carolyn Politis (VA)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carolyn! My ob said that with subsequent singleton pregnancies you wouldn't have the 90% chance since your previous case was due to multiples and thus an excess of pregnancy hormones. So you still have a good chance of not getting it this time around, but if you do, get some of that urosodial acid medicine and frequent checks and you'll be aok! But I know I'm freaked out about it and my future as well!

    ReplyDelete