Thursday, August 13, 2009

Slade's Turn!

Yipppeee, our final tiny baby had the first trip out of his little tropical house (its very warm and moist) and into Brian's arms! Slade cried a bit on the way out but once in his dad's arms, he did great! He had no apnea's or bradys and went in and out of sleep, taking a peep at us here and there. On the way back into his house, he didn't even cry, just took a nice long stretch and then fell right back to sleep, what a good boy:)

We didn't hold Claire or Ella today after all though. Claire had an IV in for her antibiotics and it had just been reinserted so at the nurses suggestion (which we agreed with) we decided to wait to make sure the IV didn't come out and have to be reinserted for the third time, ouch! Tomorrow I will try kangaroo care again with Ella as long as she is still doing well. Great day babies! (no word on Claire's spinal tap yet, not sure anymore if or when they will be doing it)

On another note, I've begun to realize that there is a bit of celebrity that comes with being a parent of triplets. My triplet friend Laura had mentioned that people recognize her sometimes at stores even with out the triplets but until today I didn't really realize how strange that feels. At the hospital, there are a couple nurses that remember me from the c-section and frequently ask me how the babies are. I only remember one of these nurses since the other nurse never actually attended to me but I'm not sure with the tons of people they meet how they can possibly remember me?
Now even more strange, today I went to the gift shop to buy a drink and the clerk asks me, "how are the babies?" At first I figured she must know I had a baby due to my still receding pooch but then I realize she said babies and not baby and I got confused. So I asked how she knew me and she said that on the weekends she volunteers in the NICU and she remembers me and my family and how cute our babies are. She then proceeds to tell me about my husbands coffee drinking habits from when I was in the hospital myself. Then speaks of how they had "heard" that there was a triplet couple in the hospital and how she soon found out it was my heavily caffeinated husband and myself and she just remembered me. Soooo... I'm beginning to wonder if all anonymity is gone and once people see you with triplets or hear you have triplets, if you are forever etched in their eternal memory? The other question is whether this is a good or bad thing?

1 comment:

  1. That kid is dangerously cute.

    Did you ever send word to the local papers about your triplets? I want a news article! Maybe when you bring them home and you can set-up a really corny family picture.

    ReplyDelete