Sunday, August 16, 2009

Happy Month Birthday Babies!

Yipppee I am just so excited and overjoyed that it has been a month since our tiny beautiful little babies were born! They are now one month or 29 weeks or -11weeks, whichever way you look at it:) While its definitely been a roller coaster, it has actually gone very fast in the scheme of things. We've had brain bleeds, a heart surgery, ventilator issues, heart rate drops, random bacterias, infections and many other setbacks, but at the end of the day the nurses and doctors agree that they are all doing terrific and everything should turn out a-OK! In fact all of those issue I've listed have already pretty much resolved themselves or are on the right path. The babies have grown terrifically and are eating more and more each day. They are now breathing the same air you and I breath with just a little pressure and hopefully by month 2 will be upgraded to just a small nasal cannula. Their lungs are getting stronger which is evident by their powerful cries when the respiratory nurse messes with them and their bowels are functioning properly evident by...well I'm sure you can guess! Speaking of bowels, they have all been upgraded to official preemie diapers rather than the doll diapers they were previously wearing, yippee! I'm so happy to post this blog and hope that this next month goes by just as fast and hopefully in another 2 months we will have at least one bouncing baby home with us!

Below are the babies updates. They are growing fast and now Claire has outpaced Ella as the biggest baby. Grow babies grow!

Ella Milligan
Birth Weight: 1lb 15oz
One Month: 2lb 10oz (Difference 11oz's)
Birth Length: 13 inches
One Month: 14 inches (Difference 1 inch)
Feeds: 24 ml every 3 hours
Slade Milligan
Birth Weight: 1lb 7oz
One Month: 2lb 4oz (Difference 13oz's)
Birth Length: 12 inches
One Month: 13.6 inches (Difference 1.6 inches)
Feeds: 22 ml every 3 hours
Claire Milligan
Birth Weight: 1lb 11oz
One Month: 2lb 11oz (Difference 1lb)
Birth Length: 13 inches
One Month: 15 inches (Difference 2 inches)
Feeds: 22 ml every 3 hours

Here are the babies 1 month photos, hopefully next month their cpap tube will be gone and you'll be able to see their entire beautiful faces.

Miss Ella

Mr. Slade

Miss Claire

7 comments:

  1. They are so beautiful! I just love they all have different colored hair. Grow babies grow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great news! Hard to believe 1 month has passed. It goes by SO, SO fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! great growth! grow, babies, grow!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news, I am so thrilled they are doing so well!
    Always thinking about you!
    Dre

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi WGA!
    I wanted to stop by and say Happy One month Birthday to the trio.
    I also wanted to let you know that your trio has touched me so much.
    After I lost my little angel, I was really upset with God.
    It wasn't until He brought your three little miracles into the world that I realized that I couldn't be mad at Him. How could I? I know He could've kept them in there a little longer, but they were ready to meet everyone. Miracles do happen and your little ones are the proof.
    Although we never really met (only online) I care deeply for you and want nothing but the best for you.
    Please let them know that for the month that they've been here they've already touched so many lives (mine included)
    Lots of love, Tomekwa (Wanessa)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all so much for your sweet comments! Wanessa, I'm glad they could bring you some hope in such a time of despair, I think about you often and hope you find joy soon!

    ReplyDelete