Saturday, August 22, 2009

FAQ's

So there are several questions that we are asked frequently that I wanted to give "official" answers to. Brian says you're only supposed to have FAQ's on websites that either deal with computers or sell you something, but I figure they will satisfy some curiosity:

1. Were these triplets the result of IVF (In-vitro Fertilization)? No. However, I did take some medicine to help things along, so I wouldn't call them 100% "natural" either.

2. Are you done having children? I have no idea. I would like to have these babies home first and then make that decision. However, I will say that I've always wanted a big family and its hard for me to imagine not ever having any more children (I wasn't pregnant long enough and I really enjoyed it!) But we'll see, three is a lot of kiddo's...

3. Are they identical triplets? No. Each baby is completely individual as much as you and your siblings. Ours were just born at the same time.

4. Can I come visit the babies? We are so happy that so many people want to meet our babies, however at this time we are only allowing immediate family and their spouses. The risk of infection is so high we would like to limit their exposure to as few germs as we can during this important time.

5. OK, but can I at least come peek through the "window"? There is no window to peek through. This is an intensive care unit with 100's of very sick babies in it. We must be buzzed through large doors, sign in, scrub our hands with bristle brushes, get buzzed through another set of large doors, walk down the hallway to our room, spray alcohol on our hands, go through 2 more sets of doors, and then we can see our babies houses which are covered with blankets. To actually "see" the babies, we then lift up the corner of the blanket to peer at the babies without letting in too much light which may hurt their delicate eyes. But I'll try and keep uploading more video's!

If you have any other questions, definitely leave a comment and I'll be happy to answer or feel free to email me at lindsaymmilligan@gmail.com.

Claire loves her paci and for the first time today did the "rooting" reflex around lunch time and began sucking on her pacifier when given. This is a step in hopefully the right direction...

3 comments:

  1. Don't forget the part about after they come home - they will still be very vulnerable to Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV), the flu, H1N1 . . . Even immediate family has to get TDAP and flu shots to be near them once they come out of their incubators.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you and the babes are doing great. hang in there! love all the photos. let me know if there is anything i can do for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Miranda I appreciate it! Still loving the book!

    ReplyDelete