Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Kangaroo Care 3

Hooray! I finally got to kangaroo with my last tiny baby, Miss Claire today! She handled it so well and just snoozed through the whole process. They say this kangaroo stuff is good for them and I feel that it is evident by this evening, Claire has been moved down to the lowest possible settings on her cpap machine! We also found out today that the spinal tap from Sunday still has not produced any bacteria so it looks like we are in the clear with that, whoo! Finally, Claire is now up to 25cc's per 3 hours, my freezer stock is declining fast:)

Slade too is doing great and his rate has been reduced to 20 (reminder pushes of air) and he is now up to 24cc's per every 3 hours. Catching up with those sisters!

Finally, Ella is a champ as well, breathing room air with no added oxygen, a rate of zero and just a little pressure. Her feeds are holding strong at 24cc's.

As for me, who knew this pumping/breastfeeding stuff was so tough! Some days are easy, but then days like today I just wish it was acceptable for all women to walk around topless all day long, or wear long cloaks... Maybe Obama will put this into law for the next time I birth triplets??

Here is a video of Ella trying to get some zzz's if her mom and grandpa would just close the curtain...

No comments:

Post a Comment